Monday, August 26, 2013

Perfect Day on Grandaddy's Boat

Once in a while the stars all align correctly, everyone's moods stop on the positive side and we have just the perfect day.  A day we couldn't recreate in a million years.  A day I just say, "thank you" to God and treasure it up in my heart.  Saturday was one of those days! 

 

The weather was 55 when we woke up, yikes.  But it turned out to be lower 80's, no humidity and blue skies.  Unheard of for August in Richmond, VA!  We took full advantage and had a day on the boat with Grandma and Grandaddy!  My boys are very good natured, but asking them to wear a life jacket all day and stay confined to a boat (even though its a rather large boat) could go one of two ways.  We could get a lot of protest, aka whining, or they could choose to just go with it and have fun.  They chose to go with it and we had the BEST time!
 

 
Little dirty blond heads.

 
My almost 2nd grader!
 
  I just knew if any of the grandkids would fall out of the boat, it would be my Ty.  He is nonstop movement.  But his life jacket staying on the whole time allowed me to be less frantic and relaxed.  I think that allowed everyone to relax. 
 
 
Oh my, that little face.
 
They seemed to really enjoy the long rides around the lake looking at beautiful homes and enjoying the gorgeous weather (Thank you, Jesus!).  And BOTH boys braved their first real time swimming in open water!  B even braved jumping off the boat!
 


 
  Cannon Ball!  I was so proud of him!
 
We picnicked on the boat in a cove and laughed and joked and just had fun being together.  The boys played well together and B really let loose his fun personality.  He makes me laugh so much. 
 
 
Ty not wanting a picture at the moment.

 
Smiles smiles smiles!

 
Both boys got to drive the boat a little too.
 

 
What a wonderful day to be out on the lake!  I will certainly be pulling out these memories as the seasons change and we are stuck indoors.
 
On the way back to the marina, my little tuckered out Ty fell asleep in my lap.  Amazing how this child can fall asleep regardless of his surroundings.  I know we hit a bunch of waves at some point and he didn't budge.  We also flew between two markers warning us of a sandbar that dropped the depth to 2 feet.  Yikes.  Didn't even see it!
 


Please excuse the incredibly white and freckled leg.  Lets not go there.
 

 
Thanking God for the beautiful weather this weekend and the sweet sweet time with my little family before school starts back up!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment