Friday, August 9, 2013

Mom's Group - Ashland, VA

I'm not really sure if I'm looking for a Mom's group.  Is that weird?  I know I could use the support.  I suspect I will always benefit from digging in the Word.  But where, oh where, would I put this on the calendar?  Maybe a once per month would be good?  I'm very very sensitive about the little time I have with my family as it is.  Working outside the home can be a challenge in this area.  After work, I have about 2-2/12 hours with my boys tops.  Most of that is filled with fixing supper, eating supper, baths, showers and getting ready for bed.  I hold on to this time for dear life.  So do I need some time to recharge with other moms?  Yes, that would be wonderful.  Is that time going to be in the next 5 years or so?  Not so sure about that one.  I'm really looking forward to reading what others do in this "Link Up" party!
 
I have loved the blog, Little Light of Mine, and traded emails a bit with the founder, Courtney.  She is a very real Mom who loves Jesus and her family.  I love how courageous she is about sharing on her blog.  I am certainly not there yet.  I love to write, but the fear of rejection still looms like a dark cloud over me.  I'm trying to break loose, knowing Jesus has set me free.  But my confidence in this area is very fragile.  Little by little, I hope to loose the chains of perfection and unrealistic expectations and know my best is good enough for the one who counts.
 
Be encouraged, ladies, no matter where you are in your journey!  There is one or more like you reading this blog right now!  I am certain of it! 
 
Thank you Courtney and friends for putting a little bait out there for want-to-be bloggers!

build em up composite

http://courtneydefeo.com/blog/

No comments:

Post a Comment