Sunday, August 18, 2013

Backyard Camp Out

With summer quickly ending, and the weather pretending to be fall-like (60s at night), we decided to hit the backyard for a camp out this weekend! 
 
 
This is what I get trying to capture a "cute" pic of Ty looking out the tent window.
 

 
There was a lot of jumping off the air mattress onto piles of sleeping bags.


Sometimes the best way to camp is with a flushing bathroom within a few feet and after a Mosquito Squad treatment.  Two adults, two little boys and two puppies are a lot for one tent!
 

 
Hotdogs and marshmallows are perfect camping food.
 

 
 
The boys went to bed when it got dark and J and I stayed up and talked with the fire going and the stars popping out.  The dogs had some trouble getting comfortable in the tent and whenever they walked around on the sleeping bags and it sounded like someone pouring rice out of the box.  Not a ton of sleep for me, but the boys seemed to sleep fine!
 
My favorite thing about camping is still getting away from phones, TV and video games.  Even though the phones were still a part of our evening, we still got to hang out together as our little family.  Good times.
 


 
And this is what the boys do when I run out to the store.  Yikes.  So glad I wasn't there.  Scares me to death!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment