Thursday, March 8, 2012

First Tooth

I mentioned in an earlier post that pre-tooth tragedy, B lost his first tooth the normal way in January.  He was so excited to lose that thing and was trying to get it out before Christmas, but it didn't happen.  There is a big mystery relating to this tooth and how it came out.
B came home from school with this smile.  He's so handsome.  Then he proceeded to tell us that he was out on the playground and punched himself in his mouth while he was running and the tooth came out and he never saw it.  This seemed a bit odd to us, but since this incident, he has hit himself in the mouth while trying to twist the head off of one of his LEGO guys, so I guess its feasible.

We went to dinner with some friends a few days later and he told them that he fell down and hit his mouth and swallowed his tooth.  Hmmmm.  I was pretty disappointed with this whole situation because it was very apparent that my innocent little boy was telling a whopper and our trust was being broken.  I talked with him a few times about it and couldn't really get an answer so I let it go.

Fast forward to last weekend.  I was helping him look for one of his Ninjago swords and when looking through the items in his backpack, I found what looked like the top to one of those plastic tooth-looking boxes the nurses use to put your tooth if you lose it at school.  So I casually asked B what it was and he told me very nonchalantly that the nurse gave that to him to put his tooth in.  Wha???  When I asked for further clarification from the previous line of questioning, I got the blank stare answer. 

OK, that's Ty's blank stare, but it looks very similar.  I guess we may never know the details of the missing tooth mystery.

Here is the letter B wrote to the Tooth Fairy explaining his dilemma.


No comments:

Post a Comment