Sunday, March 4, 2012

Charleston Trip Picturefest!

Tyler and I took a long weekend to drive down to Charleston to visit the Ellis Family.

 
Check out my sister, Morgan's blog here. 

We couldn't bring Braden this time because he is now in Kindergarten and you can't just yank your kids out of Kindergarten anytime you want.  Justin had to work anyway, so they stayed home and had a "guys weekend."  J took B to his first circus and they had a blast.  The trip down was nice.  The sun was out and Ty watched a couple movies on the DVD player. 


 I swore I wouldn't use the DVD player on trips, but it made the long drive with a 2 year old a lot more pleasant.  I had the famous Estes giant bag of snacks in the passenger seat and the best thing about my little Honda is I can fish a pacifier out of almost any corner!

Ty and Hannah got along really well.  Hannah can be a bit bossy at times, like all 1st kids can be (including mine), and I was interested to see how they would do.  Ty listens and obeys for a little while and then you can hear them in there having this conversation. 

Hannah: "Tyler, you sit here and play like this." 
Tyler: "No, I no play like that." 
Hannah:  "Well then I'm not going to play with you." 
Tyler: "Ok, I play my-myself!"

Then they would be back to playing together in no time.  They were really cute together. 


 The only boy-like toy Hannah had was a couple of Ken dolls with questionable fashion sense.  Tyler adopted the one who dressed strangely like a Chippendale dancer.  He toted that thing around the whole weekend and pretended it was Buzz Lightyear. 
"To ninfinniny, and yawn!"


The weather wasn't very warm while we were there so instead of visiting our favorite beach, Folly Beach, we decided to go to a petting zoo on Friday.  They had their own bee hives too which was pretty cool.  We ate lunch there and picked up some honey from the gift shop to take home.


Hannah had no fear with the animals.


Tyler was a little more hesitant.


He said the goats were his favorite. 


He did like putting the food in the pipe for the horses to eat though.  The place had a big wooden train that the kids could climb on and they seemed to really like that.  I had a tough time trying to get them both to sit still long enough for a picture!



This is the little guy I'm blaming for the eye infection I woke up with Saturday!  He was cute and we could hand feed him.  Ty was smart not to participate.

The place also had two huge horse statues that Ty really enjoyed riding.

It was a great time at the petting zoo and Ty passed out on the way home, he was exhausted!  We bought a wooden toy sword for both he and Braden, which I now know was not a great idea.  They are so heavy and really hurt when getting whacked while trying to fold laundry.
We tried to go out to the park on Saturday morning but the kids were not feeling it.  They played for maybe 30 minutes and we gave up and went home.  I got some good pictures there, though.  They were so much happier playing in Hannah's room.  The entire trip Ty acted really tired and I'm not sure if just being off his schedule and away from home messed him up somehow.  He took 3 hour naps almost every day and was kind of grouchy.  But he loved Otis and Lulu, Billy and Morgan's two dogs.  He just wanted to follow them around and pet them.  I think he missed his puppies.  All and all it was a really fun trip.

Hannah hiding behind the tree during a very short game of Hide and Seek.


Me and Ty at the petting zoo.  Yeah, I'd say he belongs to me.


My pretty sister and her pretty daughter.


She's kind of goofy.


The kids swinging.  Too cute!


Uncle Billy and Ty playing on his phone.  One of Ty's favorite things to do.  He is trying to figure out something to do with his hands so he doesn't grab it and get in trouble.

The drive home was interesting with the eye infection and pending snow.  We got a beautiful snowfall that evening, which I thoroughly enjoyed after pulling in the driveway.  I booked it home from SC so we wouldn't get stuck in it.  God took good care of us the whole way and Ty was a trooper since we didn't stop much other than to fill up.

 I got to spend some good (and much needed) time destressing with my sister and her family.  Thanks so much for putting us up and feeding us, Mo!

2 comments:

  1. Whatever! I barely fed yall! We ate out almost the whole time since I am not really cooking anything. We loved having yall there! I think Ty did a great job considering he was here without Daddy and B. I think that was what the deal was. He was a little "family sick". Looking forward to the next visit with the whole Estes family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always have so much fun with you guys and we ate a ton of your food! With ya'lls FL trip and then Beach week, we will have to plan another trip after Baby E is born! Lv u!

      Delete