Friday, March 16, 2012

"My Brudder"

Ty is such a mess. 

His little personality is really starting to come out.  He loves to make us laugh.  And he loves to MOVE!


He is still dealing with some 2 year old stubbornness and whining.  If you tell him "no," he will look at you like its the first time you have ever said that and he as no idea what it means.  That look is usually followed by a "but I want it" and then the wailing begins.



But most of the time, he is just so much fun.  He has a great belly laugh and likes to tell "knock knock jokes" even when he isn't sure what he is saying.  Sunday he kept on with this,

"Knock knock."
J, "Who's there?"
Ty, "um, music."
J, "Music who?"
Ty, "The music that you listen to."

Then Ty would throw his head back and laugh almost manically.  It was hysterical.  He did it like 10 times.

His latest funnyman thing?  While J and B are wrestling, Ty will run and jump on J's back yelling,

"Get off a my brudder!"

It is the cutest thing ever!  The boys tend to argue a lot right now, so I choose to focus on the fun things instead of the fussing and fighting. 

I know it's just a phase and we are all learning how to live together and love each other.  On those tough days when I feel like I'm fussing at them more than not, I get a little discouraged.  But my mom-in-law says even on those days, I'm teaching them to submit to authority.  Their authority right now is me and J, as their parents.  And when they are grown up, it will be God.  So they are learning something even on the days I don't feel like I'm having very many teachable moments!  Unless you count sitting on "the step" and counting carpet fibers a lesson!

I love watching my guys play together.  They are just the joy of my life. 

Even on the tough days.

No comments:

Post a Comment