Friday, March 23, 2012

Date Night

Last weekend was a very busy weekend!  Friday night B had practice for Awana Games, so he and J headed on over to the church.  I had been feeling a little mommy guilt lately since we have been really working on positive reinforcement for B and he's been getting a lot of rewards lately and Ty is kind of left out.  Also, as I was cleaning up the toy table the other night, I realized that most everything over there is B's.  Ty really doesn't have  lot of toys to call his own.  Or that are age appropriate for him.  So Ty and I decided to have a little date night. 

We went to Target and visited the toy department and I just let him browse until he didn't want to browse anymore.  Its fun right now since he isn't at the age yet where he wants everything he sees and asks for me to buy him everything.  He just pushes every single button on every toy that's on the eye-level (for him) middle shelf.  And since it was a special trip for just him, I didn't have to rush him.  He kept going back to Buzz Lightyear. 

So when he was ready to go home, I asked if he wanted Buzz to come home with us and he said yes.  So now he has a Buzz with spaceship and a Woody with Bulls eye that is just for chubby little 2 1/2 yr old hands.  Yay, second child!  After meeting up with J and B, we stopped at Sonic for ice cream.  Its so funny how little we need to do to delight our kids.  We let them get out of their car seats to eat and climb around Pops's suburban and they were very entertained.

Ty is going through a little bit of a fear phase right now.  He told me the other night at bedtime he was "ske-yad"(scared).  I tucked him in with all of his stuffed pals and then went on downstairs.  About 30 minutes later he called out to me and when I went to check on him, he was sitting up in his bed, arms folded, with a big frown and said angrily,
"Mommy, I ske-yad AGAIN!"

Too funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment