Friday, June 1, 2012

Slow Down - see the precious moments

I think its very easy for me to run through my daily schedule just surviving and miss the precious moments.  I'm not talking about the big headed weird little child figurines.  I'm talking about the precious moments in my daily life that I can stop and give praise to God for His obvious hand in my life.

Life has me a little run down at the moment.  Its a mix of worrying and being too heavily scheduled.  When I don't have downtime, I get "used up."  Tons of amazing women do their daily schedules and add a bunch of great projects and responsibilities and do great.  But I am trying very hard to identify and accept my limitations and learn how to serve God just as He made me. 

So I will strive to SLOW DOWN.  I will strive to be purposely grateful and say out loud, "Lord, look what you did!  Isn't that beautiful?  Look how precious my boys are!"  I will strive to find the beauty and be fully present in the moment.  I will strive to accept that the imperfect and broken will always be with me.  But I will know that doesn't stop redemption and beauty from shining through each and every day.

I will stop and watch my boys wake each other up and hug and spend a few seconds at the beginning of the day forging a bond that I will never know between two brothers.





I will stop and thank God when they share and say thank you to each other, building a mutual respect for others.



I will revel in the moment of sitting by my little one while he leans on me, climbs on me, says "Mommy?" one hundred times, because it won't be too long before I have to beg for his attention and coerce some hugs.


I will recognize and appreciate when my older one is not as tough and big as he thinks and a hug from his Mommy stops the tears for just a moment.



This is the good stuff. 

 
There will always be something.  Something to interrupt, something to plan, something better to wish for.  But we can choose to see the imperfect in our day, embrace it and thank God for it.  We can hold on to today just as it is and choose to see the precious moments God provides each and every day.

----inspired by Dr. Ann at http://themarriagechecklist.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment