Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Paci Wars

Oh the war of the paci.  No fun at all!  I thought he would be ready since he conquered potty training relatively easily. 

He transitioned to his big boy bed and got out of his "crate."  No problem there.

Then Saturday night, I got up one too many times looking for his paci under his bed.  It was time to get rid of paci!

I declared war on Saturday.  I notified the little one that the paci would not be making a return appearance.  We talked about being a big boy, and pacis are for babies.  He agreed wholeheartedly and repeated the entire speech back to his big brother and his Dad.


Then the night came.  He wakes repeatedly searching for his paci.  His sits up in his big boy bed, which is no longer comfortable or fun.  He doesn't want to go to bed alone.  3 frogs and 2 blankets are not enough to comfort him or keep him company in the dark.  The door needs to be cracked.  He needs a sip of water.  6 times.  He needs the entire cup of water.  He flips.  He flops.  He cries out while still asleep and wakes the dogs. 

J and I are back to high fiving in the hallway at 2:30am.

I am too far into this to back down now.

Forward to Tuesday night. 

Complete meltdown.


I timed how long he could hold his little arm up pointed toward his closed bedroom door while saying, "I want to go, I want to go, I want to go."  He can do it for 20 whole minutes.  His arm must be made of steel.


My Mom suggested after the fact that maybe we shouldn't have pulled the paci so soon after putting him in his big boy bed.

TOO LATE NOW.

J sleeps in the nursery two nights in a row after I took weekend shift.

I'm seeing some crying it out in our future.  Please don't judge the closed doors and bathroom fan on to drown out the noise.

I'm too far into this to back down now.

We will triumph over paci wars!

1 comment:

  1. That's being great parents, some say cruel, but you have to let the little one know who's the parent... I love hm so much, he's so adorable...Love, Mamaw

    ReplyDelete