Saturday, June 23, 2012

My Wild Man is 3!

Tyler turns 3 today!

We had his birthday party last night.  We had so much fun decorating the night before his party.  Normally I would come home from work the day of and try to do everything so Ty would be surprised when he got home.  I always imagine some kind of amazing reaction and surprised look on his face.

This year, I got over it.  It was so much better just having the whole evening to decorate and straighten up the house!  B even helped me with the decorations.  He did the clouds. 


Ty was so cute when he saw the letters hanging up.  He started going through his daycare class, "T is for Tyler, H is for Hayden, D is for Demi..."

It would be pretty embarrassing if I misspelled something and hung it up.

B kept wanting to know what the green pom poms "were supposed to be."  Since we had clouds and letters, he wanted the pom poms to "be" something specific.  Oh, my little engineer.

And I am so pleased with how the cake turned out!  Its kind of my thing to make the kids cakes for their birthdays.  I love the challenge of coming up with ideas and its just fun for me.  Can you guess the movie theme? 


I didn't try to go overboard this time and get stressed out.  I chose a simple pizza dinner so I can be with guests and the birthday boy instead of running around prepping food. 

The clouds make me happy!



B wrapped his gifts for Ty in paper lunch sacks.  Thats what I had on hand.  He decorated them and I put on a little ribbon and its so cute I may start wrapping all gifts this way!

The tissue paper pom pom things were much less expensive than balloons.  I bought a thing of tissue paper for $1.97.  And I don't have to worry about the dogs attacking them.

Just proved to myself that I can have fun doing parties without going overboard and getting obsessive and stressed out.  Thank you Jesus for helping me with balance!

Please remember this for the next party, Me!

More birthday pictures later, we are packing for the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment