Monday, June 11, 2012

Legos!

We had a Legos extravaganza on Saturday afternoon while Ty was napping.  B and I started off playing with some Ben 10 guys you can snap together and take apart and then we decided they needed a city to play in.  So we got the Legos out and made a city.  It had a high rise camera to spot trouble, multiple homes and a store to buy pants.  That child is so creative!  I love seeing what he can make.  Check out our Lego landscaping.


I love the laundry basket in the background of this one.  Reminds me that I chose correctly this time.


I am not a Legos person, but I really wanted to NOT think about all the things I needed to be doing around the house, and spend some one on one time with my B-man.  So I dropped to my belly and started building.  The Pants Store is my favorite (note the ATM beside the store).  B thought of that one on his own.  I asked him why and he said, "Well, they have to buy pants somewhere!" 


They sure do.  What a special time just the two of us. 



When Ty got up he tried to join in.  B has such a tough time with him because he mostly breaks the stuff B has taken so much time to build.  Drives him bonkers.  I'm trying to show him how to give Ty a couple of things to play with and he's less likely to go Godzilla on the city.  It worked for a short time.  Then Godzilla broke the Pants Store.

Bones and his fighter jet couldn't even save the day.


Tragic.

One on one time is so important.  I hate looking back and seeing where I could have had some and didn't take advantage of the time.  I can vacuum when they are in bed.  I can fold clothes when they are fast asleep.  I need to try to remember that more often.  They just want me and my attention right now.  In a few years, I'll be begging for theirs.


Bring on the store for pants!


No comments:

Post a Comment