Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Racing day, its racing day!

Saturday was racing day in the Estes house! 
J, B, Pops and Rob, my bro-in-law with his crazy race hair do. 

Both J and B-man ran in the Monument 10k this year.  B did the Kids Fun Run 1 miler.  The weather was overcast with sprinkles.  Mom and I made some signs to cheer on the runners! 

I decided to just be mom this year and not run it myself.  Last year we all ran and I had to hand B off to Mom and run to get in line for the race.  I just wanted to celebrate my baby this year.  It was great.  We stopped by Pops and Ve Ve's to take pictures and drop off Ty for a fun morning with Ve Ve and headed downtown to the race!  J ran with B for the Fun Run and B did awesome!  He finished in around 11 minutes and got his medal.  I'm so proud of him! 


He was very excited about his signs and his face lit up when he saw all of us cheering just for him.  Then Mom, me and B got back to the car as fast as we could to drive up to the halfway point to see if we could catch J at the turn around.  The walk back to the car involved some whining and talk of a broken knee.  Those kinds of dramatics are very difficult for this mom.  We walked up to the run exactly in time to see J running!  Thank you, Jesus, what great timing!  J, Pops and Rob did a great job!
Then off to grab some donuts in celebration! 


B's favorite was the chocolate glazed. 

Of course we took some back to Ve Ve's and Ty chose the chocolate with sprinkles. 


The boys and I dropped my Mom off at home and grabbed J and went to the Egg Hunt at our church!




 
The kids had a great time but I had to make the call to cut it a little short since both boys were exhausted and headed toward meltdowns. 


J took the boys home for naps and I headed to the grocery store. 

Saturday night we got to see UK beat Louisville in the Final Four!  Go Cats!
B practicing his jump shot.  He runs around the family room playing bball whenever we watch a game.  His "hoop" is the top of the wall above the door.


A very fun Saturday!
 
One week until Spring Break and potty training!  (Eeek!)

No comments:

Post a Comment