Friday, April 6, 2012

Field Day!

I loved Field Day in elementary school!  Braden's Field Day was yesterday and I took off work half day so I could go and be a part of things and play with the kids.  It was cloudy but didn't rain on us.  I had so much fun hanging out with B's friends and getting to know them a little bit.

Doesn't he have the cutest little school?


B in his class at his table.

He was so excited!
They had both a bounce house and a bouncy obstacle course.


They had a basketball drill race.  B was so fast dribbling that I couldn't get a picture of him.  He really is good at it and I feel for him that he will probably never get past 5 foot 8 inches tall!  That's OK, he will be an amazing point guard!
In the gym they had scooter races and a ball drop race too.  We need scooters at my house!  How fun!


Go Braden!

They played a bunch of fun games outside like the tire race, sack race, hoola hoop race and egg drop.




Always got that tongue out when doing sports, just like his Daddy.
I love spending time at B's school.  I get to know the kids and find out all kind of useful information that I don't get otherwise.  Like how he has a Kindergarten play coming up and also a field trip in May.  The best thing I learned while chatting with Ms. Freeman is that Braden has been acquiring milk each day for lunch.  Why use the word acquiring?  Well, Ms. Freeman thought he was buying the milk, and B had no idea he was supposed to be paying for it, so basically my little guy has been taking the milk that he is enjoying each day from the cafeteria.  Oops!  I fully expect a letter of delinquency shortly. 

B is also quite the little ladies man.  His good friends, Maris and Maggie.  He told me they always want their picture taken with him. 

After Field Day was over, Ms. Freeman let the class stay outside for a long recess.  Great idea to burn off any extra adrenaline!  She said this is what B does every day for recess.  Now I see the where the dribbling skills are coming from.  He said he plays basketball every day with his friends Caden and Joshua.  I just love it that he is active and likes sports!

His class picture at Field Day 2012.
Yes, that is my child holding up some kind of Kindergarten gang symbol.  Good grief. 
Who's kid is this???

And the funny face one.  Must have a funny face picture!

I had so much fun volunteering at Field Day!
















No comments:

Post a Comment