Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter ~ Eggs, Bubbles & Basketball

We started off our celebration of Christ's resurrection at church.  I was so happy my mom got to come worship with me!  After church we headed over to my mom-in-law's for lunch and our Egg Hunt!  I loved that we had to add two tables to fit all the family who joined us for lunch this year!  I made Easter cupcakes, of course!


The Egg hunt was a blast.  We had my two boys, Zander and Liam came too!  All boy cousins in Virginia!  I was so proud to see my big boys find eggs and put them in the baskets of the little ones.  Even though I think B ended up with most of the candy.





The kids ate so much candy!  The way I have always done it on sweets-infested holidays, I let them eat as much candy as they want that day.  Eat every bit of it, get a tummy ache and we are all done with it. 

Then on to Grandma's to open their Easter gifts from she and Grandaddy.  Poor Grandaddy just had his 3rd knee surgery in the last 12 months, so they were hanging around the house this weekend. 


The boys got marshmallow guns!  We are going to have fun with these, I can tell.  Of course my B ends up taking his apart and putting it together in different ways.  Maybe an engineer?


Then we went home to take naps.

When the boys got up, I attempted to get a fruit or vegetable in their bellies and then we headed out back in our PJs to play with bubbles from their Easter baskets and a bball game broke out, as usual. 


The weather was beautiful today and I love taking advantage of that before the bugs are out!  Our neighbor's kids hop over our fence when they hear us out back and I think its the coolest.  We keep a ladder back there so they can jump over for a visit.

We played until dark and then I dumped them in the bath to play with their new tub markers and then we had a little snuggle in mommy's bed before passing out.

Great family day.  Loved spending time with loved ones on the day our champion whupped up on Satan, evil and death.  Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment