Friday, April 27, 2012

Blast from the Past ~ Christmas 2011

I just had to share the poem I wrote this past Christmas.  Honestly, I'm afraid I'll lose it if I don't blog it and I thought it was very relevant to the kids at that time.

Twas the day after Christmas and all through the house,
was the beep beep of Leapsters and Dad yet to rouse. 

Memories of a 2 year old being bratty will fade,
and fun ones riding new scooters will be made. 

Snuggly PJs are worn, wrapping paper is torn,
and excitement for the upcoming holiday, I will mourn. 

But the church pew overflowing on Jesus' day,
with those whom I love all joining to say, 

"Happy Birthday to Jesus, the baby, our Lord!" 
Better gift than all those that we could afford.


My little monkeys in their Christmas PJs.  It was a great Christmas.  My sister and her family came in too so we were all here and got to do some caroling, opening a ton of gifts and had a lot of fun.  We all went to church together too which I loved.  We filled an entire pew!

No comments:

Post a Comment