Monday, November 5, 2012

Racing Day!

B participated in a 1 mile run down at Byrd Park a couple weekends ago.  Let me just say this kid was awesome!  I had to run 12 miles that morning for training and was so afraid I would miss him.  But I did get there and the boys were having fun looking at all of the vendors and sponsor tents.  Ty wants zero to do with Nutsy the Squirrel or anything else dressed up in big costumes.  He was very concerned about where they were at all times.  No photo ops for this guy.

At the very last minute, B-Man decided he wanted to run this race by himself.  This is huge!  I was very nervous about that.  We were in the city for goodness sakes!  But as good husbands do, J told me to leave it be.  I talked to B very quickly about running a little slower and very steady at the beginning and then when he sees the finish line, just let er rip. 

He looks so little by himself at the start!


There they go around the fountain!

Watching for him.  Mama's getting nervous.


He did amazing!  When he came down that last stretch he was flying!  Notice the feet aren't even on the ground!


He finished his mile in 9:14, which is a great time!  Better than Mama's usual mile!  My tired runner with his medal and a big smile.


Great job B!

No comments:

Post a Comment