Thursday, November 15, 2012

Ode to my W-Mart skinny jeans & last day as a 6 year old!

Dear W-Mart skinny jeans,

I don't know how people still don't know about you.  How you have just the right amount of stretch to be forgiving and feel like pajamas, yet I can wear you to work, hence I'm basically getting away with wearing pajamas to work.  How wonderful is your no button/zip waist, but not a full elastic waist, allowing me to still feel young and not like I am post partem or have just given up.  And how you tuck into boots without the dreaded boot muffin top that screams English riding pants?  And I don't care what your label says, there is nothing Faded about your Glory.  At $12 a pop, how can you be ignored?  Whether it be black, dark rinse, or medium wash, I have you all.  Thank you for being comfy and cheap.


Today is the last day my big guy is six!!!  I just can't believe it!  And I have so far raised a full-fledged Redskins fan.  Head to toe, baby.

 

My B, 2 weeks before you were due, you ran into some trouble.  Mama's body was all done with carrying your Big Gut, No Butt self around (nickname from Dr., not even kidding!).  We checked into the hospital on November 15th, 2005, thinking you were coming that day.  Ha ha.  Fooled us.  Roughly 27 hours later, after worrying us all into emergency surgery, you entered the world very quietly.  Mama was just about conked out and did not get to hold you for another few hours.  You were 7 lbs 6 ounces and they weighed you twice since we all believed you were over 8 lbs and you looked BIG!  You were perfect in every way.

You were a pretty easy baby who didn't cry unless you needed something, but unfortunately, sleeping was not something you felt you needed.  2 1/2 hours was a great stretch for you.  But you were a happy baby who grew into a thoughtful and pondering little soul.  You did puzzles and read books pretty early and quietly considered things.  You have been our little man.  And now you are looking to surpass your Mama in height very quickly!

You love all things basketball and football.  You love to build things with Legos.  Even a football field complete with stands for the fans.  You love to read and write.  You tell me you want to be a College Science Professor when you grow up.


 You have a great sense of humor (that we are working on unleashing at appropriate times only!) and are a joy to converse with.  You are beginning to show signs of kindness with others (ok, maybe not so much with your little brother when he takes apart your Lego guys) and I'm just so proud of the boy you are becoming.

Now, a little sneak peak for the parties this weekend (yes, I said parties, plural).  I can't wait!

Yes, people, it is the year of the Ninja!

My first born.  My baby.

6 Months Old

1 Year Old
2 Years Old

3 Years Old

4 Years Old

5 Years Old

6 Years Old

Happy last day being 6, Braden!





No comments:

Post a Comment