Monday, November 19, 2012

Boys, Ninjas, & ground Doritoes in the carpet

What a great birthday weekend!  My big 7 year old had not one, but TWO parties!  Plus he got to be in a parade!  You don't get a fancier birthday than that.  The Ninja cake and cupcakes were not my favorite birthday pastries I've made, but they were fun and they looked mean and ready to fight.  See angry eyes.


Yes, that is very close to the edge of the counter.  Our dog, Blue reminded me of that right after this picture was taken.  Good thing I have quick hands!


There is so much Lego madness in my house right now. 


Even with the little one stealing "guys" and hiding under the table.



And yes, why that is a black eye on my "Wild Man."  I guess that nickname I gave him while he was still in my belly is just going to stick.  I have 3 more gray hairs just from last week.


Boys are fun.  And messy.  I had so many ground up Doritoes in my carpet, it was nuts.  And I actually had to explain to my 7 year old that no, you can't go ride your bike and leave your birthday guests at the house with me.  Boys are crazy like that.










But birthday is over and all other purchases are going back into my trunk for Christmas!  The only hiding place I can lock!

And after looking at birthday carnage pictures, jump over to this blog.  What a great post to remind us of our everyday blessings.  So fitting for today.

Two-day work week then off with my kids for a nice long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment