Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Uninspired today

I am feeling very uninspired today.  I've been dealing with a dull headache and some brain fog for a few days now.  Not sure if its the changing weather, or the mini midlife crisis I seem to be having.  I have been constantly praying for two somethings in my life and asking, at the same time, for God to show me his will in these particular areas.

One of the things seems to be heading in a good direction.  What started out as overcoming some bad habits, has become a source of such spiritual growth.  God is showing me some amazing things.  I'm not 100% successful in my endeavors with this, but he is working in my life and showing me that perfection is not to be found this side of heaven.  He is building my faith as I learn to totally trust him. 

The other thing seems to be getting one over on me.  I feel that I know what the answer should be.  My answer even seems like something that would line up with Christian values.  But God is saying no to me.  Its becoming more and more apparent that he is just saying no.  I lay out a fleece, he says no.  I pray every morning for something to change in favor of my desire, and he says to wait.  An amazing opportunity comes up that really seems to be lining up and everything in it is good!  He says not now.

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."  Hebrews 11:1

Oh oh.

But Lord, I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing if its not this.

"Do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.  You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised."  Hebrews 10:35-36

But Lord, don't you want me to be happy?  Don't you want me to be out of this situation that I find myself in at this season of my life that creates so much stress and headache?

"I remember my affliction and my soul is downcast within me; yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:  Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning.  Great is your faithfulness.  The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.

The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him; to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord." Lamentations 3:20-26

So as I seek him in the meantime, he shows me that he wants me to wait for his salvation.  Not Paige's salvation for herself.  This must be the difference between a good life and a life abundant.  If I get myself out of my mess, then glory goes to me.  If I wait for God to save me and do his will, then glory will go to him, because it can only be him when things work out that way.  There is no doubt then that his hand will be in it.

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him."  Hebrews 11:6

So what is he saying to me through these verses he keeps faithfully leading me to?  What are the common themes he wants for my life in this season?

Wait
Seek him
Persevere
He will save me

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."  Jeremiah 29:11-13

He has such good promises for us if we seek him!  And I know, from past experiences, he will work things out somehow, whether that be changing my surroundings or changing my heart.  He is always faithful in that way.  So I will wait and hope and anticipate the wonderful things he has in store for me and a way to work all this out as only he can.

And I can thank my heavenly Father for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment