Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Vacation Bible School 2012!

This year at VBS we are learning about Paul and the Underground Church.  The best thing about this year is that all four little Estes's are together either learning or serving.  I love it!

Justin is an architect in ancient Rome and teaching the kids about aquaducts and buildings. 

I have the 2's again this year and just love hanging out and hugging on these sweet kids. 

Everyone is split up into Roman families and this year they mixed the kid's age groups, which is really neat.  They all wear different colored sashes to show which family they belong to. 

All except for my Ty.  He is calling one of his teachers "my friend" and said,

"Mommy, can you tell my fwend that I don't want to wear the shash?"

Its exhausting since we don't get the boys to bed until close to 10pm, but they are having so much fun.  It makes such a difference when the leaders are excited to be there.  The kids can feel it and they respond to it.  Thanking Jesus for sending the right workers!


The Director has such a heart for these kids and loves VBS so much.  I thank God for her willingness to serve him in this capacity and hope I can learn a thing or two about gratitude for service!

He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them.  And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.  Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.  And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.  Matthew 18:2-5


Favorite parts of VBS thus far (week is 1/2 over).

We were in Paul's prison cell with the 3 and 4 year olds and one of them asked a question.

"Paul, have you been in prison this whole time?"
Paul, "Yes, yes I have."
"Well, I saw you walking from your car into the building today."
Paul, "Well, even I get some yard time, work with me kids!"

We were in music class just singing away and one poor little thing had an accident.  I don't know what was so magical about the pee puddle, but the kids were just flocking to it before we could get to it with some Resolve!  The little ones were teetering around it almost falling and all of a sudden the other kids were being drawn to it as well!  One of the leaders had to go straddle the pee puddle to keep the kids out of it!  The magical, magnetic pee puddle!

We were in the "Paul room" listening to the actor talking about being persecuted for Christ and one of the 4 year olds kept raising his hand to say something.

"Yes, do you have a question?"
"We live in Virginia."
"Yes we do, thank you."
(Raising his hand again) "My Daddy works in Norvern Virginia sometimes."
"Thats nice, thank you very much."

Or the best one was when he asked if anyone had ever gotten made fun of for talking about Jesus and a little girl's hand shot up immediately.  When asked what happened to her she said, after a huge silence,

"Um, I don't know that one."

So funny!  I just love these kids!

I took my class out for a nature walk last night right as it was getting dark.  We smelled the flowers, talked about the beautiful colors and how God made it all.  Even if all they go home with this week is that God made them and God loves them always, thats enough for me!

Thank you, Jesus for giving us the opportunity to do something special for you this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment