Monday, August 6, 2012

Little guy mad & wake up time

My little guy is definitely going through some 3 year old adjustments.  Lately its really been a struggle of wills.  I tell my boys that I will always win since I'm the stubbornest person I know.  But struggle we do, nonetheless.  Did with B at 3 too.

My poor little Ty.  He was saying over and over that he wasn't tired and didn't want to nap when we got home from lunch at VeVe and Pop's house on Sunday.  He was saying this all the while rubbing those big beautiful eyes and yawning. 

He asked a hundred times why he had to take a nap.  He didn't want to take a nap.  He wasn't tired.

3 minutes after pulling out of the driveway...


Ty is beginning the phase where he gets out of bed himself after waking up.  Currently that has been pre-5:30am and we are not fans!  Especially since that eats into my early morning quiet time/run time.  The other morning J was sleeping downstairs since he has been sick and before 5:30am I wake up sensing someone was up (ONE of my super hero strengths).

I sit up on an elbow and wait.

Here comes my sweet little Ty, arms full of froggies (all 3 of them).  He creeps into my doorway, nighttime diaper making that slight crunching crinkle sound as he walks.  Rubbing his eyes, he looks up at me, seeing I'm already awake and whispers,

"Is it wake up time yet?"

The bleary eyed, not-yet-woken-up-all-the-way mom in me wanted to send him back to bed for another half hour.  But looking at the PJ clad, not-quite-boy, but older-than-a-baby sweetness that stood in my doorway, I thought about how few mornings I have left with this squishy armed, soft cheeked little one before he is all grown up and not wanting Mommy to cuddle with him. 

We do value a good cuddle in my bed around here.  And yes, I often find in the morning that I have slept on some Honey-Nut Cheerios.  All part of the job.


So I opened the covers and helped him pull up on the bed with me.  I got him tucked into our fluffy comforter and pillows and we laid there forehead to forehead in the quiet stillness while dawn broke over the backyard trees and started peeking through our plantation shutters. 

My youngest son looked up at me with his sweet little face and whispered,

"Mommy, I pee pee on myself."

Holy COW!

I sat straight up and threw the covers back as fast as I could and scooped him out of my bed trying not to die laughing while getting him changed and into some dry clothes. 

Back to reality and wake up time!

3 comments:

  1. Dang, I might need to start reading the last paragraph first. I laughed so hard I woke the neighbors! :D

    Pops

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me all choked up, thinking of my own sweet little boy -- who somehow just turned 23! And then I literally laughed out loud at your last paragraph! So funny! God had a great sense of humor when he created little boys, didn't He?

    ReplyDelete