Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Legofest, a little wrestling and First Grade!

We had a very relaxed weekend.  It rained and was kind of nasty out which kept us indoors, but together, so very fun.  We got a chance to dump out all the Legos (on a blanket this time!) and build some cool vehicles. 




We also got a little wrestling in.  These kids are tough! 


 J took B out Saturday evening for a guys night and Ty and I went to a fish fry at my Moms.  I did get him to taste some yummy fried fish and corn cakes!

We only got in the pool for about an hour on Monday morning before it started raining.  We had fun though.  B really lets me throw him now.  And I pseudo throw Ty.  Got my arm workout in!  The boys were so cold after swimming and showers so I wrapped Ty up like a burrito and put him on my bed while I started clearing out some toys to give to Goodwill.  I must not have forgotten how to swaddle correctly because this is what I came back to about a half hour later.




So precious!  This was before lunch, but since my boys were up before 6am, I let him snooze.  My big guys played at the foot of the bed with some Monster Trucks. 


The clouds finally went away a bit later that afternoon so we took advantage and packed up and went back to my parent's big ole field for another bike lesson sans training wheels.  My big guy jumped on and just took off!  He has finally got it!  Time for a BIG bike now!





We snuck in some last minute back to school shopping too last week.  My boys are NOT shoppers.  I was very grateful they tried on some pants so I could at least see what size we are working with here.


This morning we waved goodbye as B jumped on the bus and headed to First Grade.  He looks so big compared to Kindergarten last year! 



He picked out those shoes all by himself at the Smithfield Outlets on the way back from Charleston.  Go UK!  He is ready and excited to start learning some cool stuff.  He told his new teacher he really liked Math.  He tells me he either wants to be a college science professor or a builder (Lego skills).  He knows a couple boys from basketball camp this summer and a couple girls from last year.  Its going to be a fun year!

No comments:

Post a Comment