Wednesday, September 12, 2012

B-isms and Ty-isms

While watching 9/11 coverage on the Ground Zero Memorial garden,
B, "Mom, whats that pool, is that like a swimming pool?"
Me, "No, baby, thats a reflecting pool.  Kind of a place to sit and think like in Washington DC."
B, "Oh, you mean like Winnie the Pooh's thinking spot log?"
Me, "Exactly.  Do you have a thinking spot where you sit and do a lot of thinking?"
B, "Nah, not really.  I pretty much think all over the place."

After walking outside one of the nights it started getting dark earlier.
Ty, "Oooo, its scary, Mom!"
Me, "Its not scary, just dark."
Ty whispers, "I think its scary.  Mom, why did God turn out the lights?"

After teaching Ty to take off his own clothes in his bedroom before bath, he has started a new ritual of stuffing the dirty clothes under the bed, under his rocking chair, or under the dresser.  Then he comes in and tells me, "I bet you can't find my clothes!"

After allowing B to start picking out his own clothes for school in the mornings.
Me, "B, I don't think that really matches.  Do you want help finding some shorts that match that shirt?"
B, "Why does everything have to match all the time?"
Me, "Thats a really good question.  I don't have an answer to that.  I said you could pick out your own clothes, so you keep doing a good job with it.  I don't think everything has to match all the time."

No comments:

Post a Comment