Monday, September 17, 2012

Puss in boots; Ty in buckets; and a little restoration, please

We recently watched the movie, Puss in Boots.  I'm not sure if this was the inspiration for this one or not.


He walked all over the house like that and wanted to go to church in his buckets.  Um, the answer is no.  He did figure out the buckets didn't grip well on the kitchen floor.  Ouch.

B is enjoying his new hoodie that he picked out himself.  The kid will not wear a winter coat, no matter how cold it is, so we compromise with a fur lined hoodie.  That he is wearing in September even though its still 80 degrees out in the afternoon.  He figured out he had a monster head on his shirt so he could do this. 

Very creative.

A peaceful moment between my boys. 


Little one has sleepy face, older one is trying to get to the next level on the iPhone.  They are almost snuggle partners.  But the camera did not capture the subsequent "Hiyaaaaaa!!!!" and someone rolling off the couch into the coffee table.  (sigh)

So my prayers lately have been a little brief.  They basically go like this,

Lord...?  Create.  Renew.  Restore.  Sustain.  Please.  Amen.

I'm going through a season where I feel a lot of people need a lot from me.  Feeling like I'm running on empty without time to refill.  God showed me two verses to focus on during these times.

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me.  Psalm 51:12

I'm finding if I am willing to do the work God has called me to do at this time in my life; work, family, home etc., and call upon him to help me, he will give me what I need to be steadfast.  I'm so thankful I can trust him to walk with me.  We were never meant to do all this alone. 

And we have to keep the crazies out!  The crazies are any thought that is not from God that I am tempted to park my mind on that will cause the bad stuff (depression, loneliness, anxiety, guilt).  I was made for more than that.  I was made for victory!  I have to consciously take those thoughts captive and ask God for the power to boot them out.  Then decide to park my mind elsewhere.  This is war some days!

Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion.  Psalm 51:1

Pity parties are such a distraction!  Time to park my mind elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment