Sunday, July 1, 2012

Our loss, Glory's gain

How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart?  But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.  I will sing to the Lord, for he is good to me.  Psalm 13: 2 & 5-6

While on vacation this week we lost a couple of dear family friends.  One was my family's deacon at church when I was young.  He very much filled a grandfatherly role at church and although I haven't seen him in years, he holds a special place in my heart.  He was the first person I hugged on a regular basis that had hearing aides that would squeal.  He made me think I did it every time.  My family sang to he and his wife on Christmas Eves when we went caroling.  He was sick with cancer and God finally called him home.


Another huge hole will be left by a wonderful Christian woman who has been such a Godly example for me.  She was my Mama Stone's best friend and a prayer warrior for all she knew.  She was glue for her family and a grandmother figure to me.  God called her home peacefully in her sleep.  I dreamed about her this weekend and she was so happy and healthy and no longer moved slowly due to arthritis and age.  I pray that I will have a relationship with Jesus as intimately as she did.  I can imagine they embraced finally when she met him, as old friends do.

 

I see the facebook comments about her and the pictures and notes from her family and it makes me reflect on my own legacy.  What do I want people to remember about me when God reaches down to bring me home?  Nothing was more important to this great lady than her Savior and her family.


Til he returns or calls me home, here in the power of Christ I stand.  --In Christ Alone

I want to accept and stand in the power Christ gives me to live my life as well as I can to bring glory to him.  I can truly say, even when Ms. D could hardly stand on her own, she was standing in the power of Christ.  And now, I can praise him with absolute certainty, that she is standing in God's glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment