Monday, July 9, 2012

Pigeons & Planners

I am NOT a bird person.

And there is a colony (flock?) of pigeons who have taken residence in my parking deck at work.  I can't say I blame them.  Its a good 15 degrees cooler in the bottom level than outside in the 90 + degree heat. 

But they are so creepy!

Maybe one pigeon making that "woootle" sound isn't so awful, but try 10 or 20!  And the echo!  And the poop!  The the swooping from perch to floor with no warning!

So basically, I run from the steps to the my car yelling, "Please don't poop on me!  Please don't flap around my face!"

I hate them.  I'm currently negotiating with the Bald Eagles that nest in the nearby cell tower to please come eat them.  Or drive them away.  Do eagles even eat pigeons?  Who knows!  I don't think they can hear me, even when I'm at the top level of the parking deck yelling over to them. 

See him waiting for me to walk under that ledge.  So sneaky...

Pigeons, please find another home.  You completely freak me out.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Dear Target,

Please restock the Mead 5 1/2 X 8 inch spiral bound planners with the lines pages.  I have been using the same style planner for years now and it stays with me everywhere I go.  I am now in search for the 2012-2013 version and all you have is a similar product with no lines

The daily entry is a big blank space! 

Do you have any idea what that does to a Type A, semi-OCD, recovering multi-tasker???  I look at the blank space and think about my day as just that, a big blank space and I am rendered useless!  I must have college-ruled lines to plan out my days and weeks. 

And please bring back the plastic pouch in the back for my random prescriptions, pictures, appointments that are too far away to be written on those beautifully college-ruled lines.

I am on the lookout for a new planner.  It must fit in my purse.  It must have lined pages.  It must go July-August and I have run out of June to find it.  I'd prefer it to also be cute, but that is slowly becoming a pipe dream since I can't even find one that meets the other very important standards.

My planner.


Trying not to panic.

No comments:

Post a Comment