Saturday, October 12, 2013

My Gaps

My devotion this morning talked about gaps.  Gaps are the places in our lives that leave us longing.  That we aren't very content in.  That we aren't successful in.  And that we can't fill ourselves.  I've got some gaps.  Boy, do I have some gaps! 
 
One thing I'm learning these days is to pray for God to show me things through His perspective.  I get very frustrated with my gaps and want God to just free me from them completely.  And when that doesn't happen, I tend to lose hope a little, that I will ever be free.  But if we were always perfectly content here on earth, would we even long for our real home at all?  I forget very quickly that this is not my real home.  Some desire will always remain because perfection is not found on this side of heaven.  And that's ok.  We can still have hope because through our struggles and through our faith in spite of our longing, we are in the process of perfection.  Jesus wants to present us to God as pure and blameless.  Eventually. 
 
Yet now he has reconciled you to himself through the death of Christ in his physical body. As a result, he has brought you into his own presence, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before him without a single fault. -- Col 1:22
 
With our eyes on him we can continue to praise him through the gaps that serve to remind us of our need for Him and our desire for our heavenly home. 
 
In the meantime, I will thank him for the work he does in me.  I will continually ask him to create, renew, restore and grant me a willing spirit to keep moving forward through my gaps.

 
Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.  Cast me not away from your presence, and don't take your Holy Spirit from me.  Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and grant me a willing spirit. -- Psalm 51:10-12

No comments:

Post a Comment