Monday, October 28, 2013

2.53 Was a Little Ambitious

Mama was craving some cool, crisp, clean air and wide, open spaces so we went hiking on Saturday.  It was beautiful!  The sky was blue, the leaves were changing and I picked out the perfect "moderately difficult" trail.  I guess my mind was stuck on running, and I felt 2.53 was not long at all.  Like what would it take us, an hour tops?  I forgot about Ty's little short legs.  We did a lot of riding on shoulders, lying in the leaves, had some pep talks and ate a picnic lunch for "injurgy."
 
I know it was a tough hike for the boys.  But they completed it! 
 

 
Leaf fight!






 
 
Conquering Beaver Lake Trail!



 
B's Tiny Tim picture.  God bless us every one!


 
He was all done here.  Just dropped to the ground.  Had to have a major pep talk to keep moving.



 
He loves me so much, he will follow me out to the middle of the forest.
 
 
Walking across a ravine.  Fearless.  We did have one B wouldn't do.  A creek.  He and J were going to jump it.  But a last minute decision had J hurtling B over the creek where I gasped as he hit the ground on his feet.  It was awesome!  And incredibly crazy!  If I wasn't trying to keep Ty from falling over the bridge as he watched his leaf race another leaf he threw in the water, I would have nixed the idea pronto!
 

 
 
 
 
 
Our friend we met on the trail.




 

 
The boys were out within 5 minutes of leaving the park.  What a great fall Saturday!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment