Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Haybales, Apples and Goats, Oh My!

Saturday we headed up to the mountains for some apple-pick'in, goat-feed'in, hay-bale'in fun!  My sister and her sweet crew came up to hang out with us and we caravanned up route 231 through some beautiful farmland and mountain views.  One of the things I most love about living in Central Virginia is you can drive 2 hours east and be at the beach.  2 hours west and be in the mountains. 
 
 
 
I think my favorite part of the whole day was feeding those little goats.  They were precious.  I want one.  Maybe he could help J with all the grass cutting in the summer? 
 
 
I loved how they had little signs about the goats with their names and what kind they were.  The kids were calling them their "little super heros." 

 
Cosmo was my favorite.  He would stand up on the fence to get your attention.


 
Ty would see one of the goats by itself and say, "Mama, he is lonely."


 
The barn was only a 5 minute hike down the road from the festival.  Completely worth it.  Even with tired-no-nap-Ty.
 
Even though it was about 88 degrees and didn't feel very fall-ish, the leaves were still changing and the apples were ready for picking.  Sorry Mo, couldn't order you any fall weather this weekend.
 
Trying to be a good money-saving mama, I had packed us lunches and snacks and water bottles.  And yep, they were still in the cooler on the kitchen counter when we returned home late that afternoon.  I figured out I had forgotten the cooler about an hour and a half into the trip.  FAIL.  It took me a while to get over it.  We grabbed subs and chips at a gas station on the way up the mountain.  We still got to picnic outside with the Bluegrass playing, so I couldn't let it ruin my day.
 



 
Little butt trying to follow big brother.

 
A creek?  And rocks?  Yes, please!  B walked around the rest of the day with a soaking wet shoe.  My boys.


 
You can't see it very well, but my Ty is bravely wearing his wrist band that let him back into the hay bale maze.  He was not happy about this.  Ty has an aversion to wrist bands, stamps on the hand, vests with patches or anything else that has to be on his body.  I feel its a success in this challenge if he keeps his shirt on most of the day.




 
My crazy and cute little sis.




 
Look at that little sweaty head.

 
Yep, he's picking his nose.  And why I know I'm made to be a boy mom?  I died laughing about this for 10 straight minutes.

 
BFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
They looks so OLD!

 
 
My little sweaty family.  So thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment