Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Responsibility Tracker

We have been trying to institute some responsibility in regards to the boys helping around the house.  With the country going the way its going (completely backwards and upside-down, in case you haven't watched the news) there are two things I want my boys to "get" and "get" early!  One is personal responsibility.  You have things you need to contribute to be a part of this household.  You are responsible to do your tasks.  You.  The second concept I'm trying to ingrain into their brains is working for money.  That's something this country has completely forgotten.  If you work, you get paid.  If you choose not to work, you do not get money.  Work = money.  No one will get an allowance in this house.  You don't get money for simply existing here.  No sir.
 
I saw this clothespin chore chart on this blog (one of my most favorite blogs to read).  Ashley Ann is a very real Mom raising 5 kids.  Her blog is a breath of fresh air for me.  Even though I love me some fashion tips and beautiful party pictures, I definitely struggle with balance sometimes and Ashley's photography of her family, and finding the little things as things worth capturing via camera, is so good for my soul.  I have captured many of my favorite photos of the kids by following her lead and not necessarily waiting until everyone is looking at the camera and smiling (cause that almost never happens!).  Thanks, Ashley for the idea of the clothespin chart!
 
I needed to make mine out of materials I already had.  Sherpa-lined hoodies took over my budget this month.  So I took an old blue  5X7 photo mat, some white cardstock, printed letters off of Google and added my clothespins.  I painted them, green for B, yellow for Ty and the unpainted ones are commission tasks.  They can each choose to make commission by doing one of the tasks on the unpainted clothespins.  They can choose to do none of the commission tasks and make... listen up US Government, NOTHING. 
 
 
I hung my little project on the fridge with the last piece of my favorite ribbon. Everything is put together with masking tape on the back.  The boys move the clothespins to the top of the chart when the task is completed.
 


 
We'll see how it goes.  The toughest part of these kinds of plans is me enforcing them consistently.  I'm really going to try.  Hopefully I won't try to overdue.  The list of tasks was edited at least twice.  Ha!  KISS - Keep It Simple Silly.
 
B is also going to be packing his own lunches this year.  This Mama is not stressing about it this year. - she says easily before school has hardly started - I put this sign on the fridge to help him choose a balanced meal.  I'm hoping this will help him learn what types of foods qualify for balance and help his body get strong and stay fast.
 
 
Wish me luck!  Hoping to make it through at least one week of follow through!

2 comments:

  1. It came out so cute! Thanks for sharing it with me and thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! love it! so glad you shared. thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete