Sunday, September 8, 2013

First Week of School & A Friday Night Fort

We survived the first week of school!  The boys did amazing.  They seem to like their teachers and we didn't have any major meltdowns for homework or getting ready in the morning.


 

 
So excited it was trash day on the first day of school.  Delightful for pictures.


 
Later in the week.  Ty doesn't ride the bus with B, but he wanted to wait down there with him with their backpacks.

 
Ty would not smile for me so B thought he'd help.


 
Mommy got through the week too.
 
 
By Friday, I was ready for the weekend.  Even Ty had a little too much "new."  He told me in the car on the way to Grandmas after having a wonderful fun week at preschool,
 
"Mama, I don't want to go to preschool anymore.  I didn't know the teachers were going to be like THAT." 
 
I didn't think too much of it since he also refused to wear his new shoes that day or drink out of his new water bottle.  I think he had enough newness and just needed to take a step back for a moment.  I felt the same way.  So Friday morning I started to cook up a fun evening for us complete with backyard fire and marshmallows.  When I picked everyone up and got home, however, the moodiness was at an all time high, so I nixed the fire plans and decided to make a fort.
 
Have you ever spent 45 minutes making a fort out of every sheet you own and your bag of clothes pins, burning the chicken nuggets because of your devotion to the cause, only to find out no one wants to go in it but you?
 



 
This fort rocked.  It had Christmas lights, pillows, favorite stuffed animals... well, at least the puppies liked it.
 
 
Finally, after I found something else edible in the kitchen and restocked the fort with food and then put in a movie, the grumpy little men found their way back downstairs.  They ended up liking the fort enough to sleep in it.  I was not going to volunteer to squeeze in between them, so my brave hubby sacrificed his Friday night sleep.  The boys slept great.  So did I in my large queen bed with the two dogs.  I think J was the only one who may have gotten gypped.
 



 
Can't function without a picture of little feet.






 
It was a good weekend.  Felt like a holiday.  We saw a lot of friends, enjoyed biking with Grandma, and stayed up way too late.  I'm thinking we may pay for it this week, but we'll see.  B was wired all day today and I suspect he was battling fatigue.  Boys.  When we got home from dinner out, they were so wound up I finally forced them to run laps around the outside of the house and I timed them.  B's best time was 14.7 seconds.  Yep, its a small house.  Did the trick though.  B was able to come in and concentrate on getting homework done, pack his lunch and pick up toys. 
 
I'm trying to learn how these little boys work!  Sometimes it reminds me of that book,
Where The Wild Things Are.  Let the wild rumpus start!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment