Friday, September 20, 2013

Croupy Kid

Poor Ty has been fighting the Croup this week.  Croup sounds like some kind of resurrected illness from the 1800's.  Its really just a cold that inflames your airway.  You make a barky cough at night, have a fever and feel drained.  Yep, that was Ty this week.  My poor little guy, usually so animated, just hung out on the couch and watched movies almost all week.


When the Tylenol would kick in and bring down the fever, he would have moments of Ty-ness, but then the meds wore off and he was back on the couch. 

 

 
His Daniel-son Thai Chi before sprinting to the chair.





My old-man dog was very happy to have a couch partner for the week.



 
I got to stay home with my little one on the worst day.  When he needed mama the most.  So thankful I could put little socks on, then pull them off.  Thankful I could set up the humidifier and serve unlimited graham crackers and chocolate milk.  Thankful I could put in the Ice Age DVD for the 3rd time in one day.  Thankful to have a little sweaty head leaning on my shoulder and thankful to dole out hugs and kisses on a little forehead to check for fever.
 
While sitting on the couch watching his movie, Ty would reach out and take my hand and just hold it.  Be still my heart.  I wouldn't dare move.

 
Hoping my Ty will feel better very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment