Saturday, May 12, 2012

Thankful to be a Mom

As I sit on the eve of Mother's Day, I want to thank God for giving me the gift of being a Mom.  Getting pregnant was not easy for us and I truly consider my boys as gifts.  I look forward to some day meeting my other two little ones waiting in heaven.  But while here on earth, in the time God's given me with my boys, I hope I can make Him proud!

I will always be thankful to my B because he first made me a Mom! 

He was the one we brought home completely clueless, not knowing how on earth to take care of this little wonder.  This Mom stuck to a schedule.  This Mom stressed about him not eating enough, sleeping enough, being held by others too much.  This Mom watched his every move, afraid he would get hurt if she didn't watch closely.  This Mom cried every Monday-Friday for 6 months after going back to work.   This Mom started reading to him at 3 months old. 

I'm also so thankful for my Ty.  He is making me an even better Mom. 



This Mom is more laid back.  This Mom figured if he wasn't eating enough, he would let us know.  This Mom didn't worry if he slept an extra hour during the day, because he probably needed it.  This Mom encourages independence and affection.  This Mom held back when he climbed the stairs too early and took on the jungle gym.  This Mom tries not to get involved when brothers fight, unless absolutely necessary.  This Mom lets J wrestle with the boys, and only yells "watch his neck" once in a while.  This Mom didn't freak out too much when the first teeth were chipped from a tricycle stunt.  And this Mom cried every Monday-Friday for 6 months after going back to work.  This Mom started reading to him at 3 months old.


Me and my boys. 

Thank you B and Ty for making me a Mom and completing my life.






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for being that Mom, I love the last picture on your blog, Papaw would too, since you guys are sitting in his favorite chair, I bought it for him when he broke his ribs because he couldn't lay down in bed, it hurt too bad to get up....Have a great Mothers Day, Mamaw

    ReplyDelete