Monday, May 14, 2012

Mom's Day, a Water Fight, and a Pillow Bed

First off, this Mother's Day was the best one for me EVER!  My boys were so so sweet and picked out their gifts and B made me a little book about his thoughts on his Mommy and it was just about the best thing ever.  I'm going to get it laminated and bound!

But first, the weekend!

Friday, the weather was beautiful!  The big guys stayed out and played basketball in the driveway until it was too dark to see the basket.  What a great preview of the coming summer! 



Saturday morning B and I woke up early and had a very special time together, just the two of us.  Gotta love those unplanned moments.  Instead of turning on the TV, B read his Ninjago book and I read my latest Linda Dillow book.  We just had breakfast and read together in the stillness of a Saturday morning. 

After everyone else was up, we headed to baseball pictures and then a game. 



B made an awesome catch at 3rd base.  We were really hootin and hollering over it.  Ty made some new friends.  He marched right up to a lady at the game and asked to pet her "arf arf."  Then he let her pick him up to see her dog in the back of her truck.  I can't decide if his brazen personality is cool or if it scares me to death that he will talk to strangers and allow them to pick him up.  B would never have done that!

During the game we found out that Pops took a bad spill in a bike race and broke his arm and destroyed his elbow.  So naturally after naps we headed by Sonic to pick him up a treat to cheer him up.

My sister and her family came up from Charleston since Billy is about to be deployed.  Tough on their little growing family.  Joshua is due in August.  But it was so fun to hang out with them.  We went over for supper Saturday night and the kids played outside until bedtime.


On Sunday morning B had such a tough time not telling me about their gifts for me!  When everyone was finally up (Ty slept until 7:45!) they gave me my kit to make my raised vegetable garden!  I'm so excited!  The boys had picked out little garden stakes all by themselves. 


I also got a picture frame from each of my little guys and of course, B's book, which took the cake.  I also got some new PJs from my honey since we had discovered a few weeks ago that my favorite PJ pants have a huge rip in them.  I got a few Mother's Day pics too.  Take them any time you can!

B took the one above.  He's not bad with the camera!


On to church and then to Mom's for a huge lunch with 30 people!  We tried to do some family pics before everyone got there. 
My niece, Hannah B.

This looks about right.

After way too much good food, I dug out some spray bottles from my Dad's garage and successfully executed a water attack on the kids.  So much fun!

Get Uncle Billy!

The kids also participated in pushing Ty as fast as possible down the sidewalk in the bubble car.  This was actually really funny until they hit a VW head on (sorry, Aunt Claire).  No airbags were deployed, but that ended the game.


We got the boys home and I dumped them in the bath and then, since it was really too late in the afternoon for naps, but they were tired, and it was only a couple hours until bedtime, we made a huge bed of pillows and blankets, put on a movie and ate popcorn and chocolate milk for supper. 


It was a great great weekend!  And this Mom feels very special and very loved!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you all had a lot of fun....that's great,Give the guys a big hug and kiss from Mamaw....Love,Mamaw

    ReplyDelete