Friday, May 4, 2012

Nights away from my sweet boys

This week has been a little nutty for me.  I had a meeting or something to do away from home every night except for Friday.  I'm a little bit of a homebody and when I don't get my time at my cozy little house, I get really tired.  I also missed my guys a lot!

But I did get some more "treasures" to ponder away in my heart, maybe because of my absence.  Monday night when I got home from a meeting, the boys were on my bed watching a little TV and eating some Honeycomb.  I was so glad I got home before they went to bed!  When I walked in, Ty yelled,

"Mommy Mommy Mommy!"

And I got a big ole hug and kiss.  He is just so sweet and still gets excited when he sees me.  I LOVE that!


Then as I was walking around the room getting comfy, Ty says,

"Mommy, I really like your shirt." 

Out of the blue like that.  A 2 year old.  It was almost like he wanted to say something nice to me because he missed me but he didn't know what to say.  So B responds with,

"I like your necklace!"

And Ty, "I like your shoes!"

And B, "I like your face!"

And on and on until it became a competition.  It was the funniest thing.  I'm putting it right in my mom memory bank for future pondering.


No comments:

Post a Comment