Friday, February 28, 2014

Thankful for Today

I'm choosing to be thankful for the timely visit from my sister and her family.  Although its tempting to focus on the sadness I will feel as she leaves to go home 6 hours away tomorrow, God arranged for her to be here THIS particular week.  A week I have been under tremendous attack by the enemy.  She has spoken truth, encouragement and hope into my heart this week and I am so thankful.
 
 
 
 
 

 
I'm thankful for the running feet I heard upstairs in the hallway this morning as I sat in "my place" at 5:30am talking to God and watching the sky turn pink.  The thump thump thump of little feet on the steps, the sleepy head peeking around the corner of the kitchen to see if he will be told its too early to be up.  The mop of unruly bed hair tickling my chin as I squeeze him close in his tight legged PJs that will no longer be cool here in a few months. 
 
 
I'm thankful for my hard-working hubby who won't be able to run the thousand errands I have tomorrow with both boys in tow.  As much as I wish he were with us, I'm so proud of him and how hard he works.  I'm so thankful for a stable job that provides for this family.
 
Thank you Jesus for today.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment