Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Hug from Heaven

I have to share with you an aha, hug from heaven kind of moment today.

So I was researching online some different treatment options for the blues/anxiety and coming across all kinds of opinions for supplements, activities, etc and then it hit me.

These are all opinions and recommendations from humans. And no human created every little particle of me.  My Creator did! So for some reason, right at that moment I remembered this book I used to have called "God's Promises for Every Day."  Its basically just a book of scripture put together in categories like "What to do when you feel ...", no human opinions or commentary.  I started wondering where I had put it and I happened to glance over at my work shelf and there is was!  I vaguely remember bringing it here some time ago?  I just felt God impressing on my heart to look at HIS word and not human words for any and all help.  I love when I just feel a big hug from above.  This is the one he highlighted for me today:

"Be humble under God's powerful hand so he will lift you up when the right time comes. Give all your worries to him, because he cares about you." 1 Peter 5:6-7

I looked up "humble" and it said "efface - to make inconspicuous.  " I really have felt God saying a big, resounding NO in participating in any ministries or activities that put me in a spotlight for now.  Also part of the definition was "modest - marked by simplicity" which my word for my life at the moment is SIMPLIFY.  Lastly the definition said "humbled - to curtail or destroy pride."  Ouch, but definitely yes, that is something we are working on, examining motivation for jumping into these said ministries and activities.

I'll be honest, the overwhelming guilt from leaving those blank spaces in the preschool schedule has made me less than excited about coming to church as well as making eye contact with Dana or even Pastor B.  Yikes.  But after I found that book of scripture today and meditated on the verse God pointed out to me during my lunch hour workout, I feel God telling me that there is no guilt in doing His will.  There is freedom from guilt if I'm doing what he is asking.  And if he is asking for me to "Be humble under God's powerful hand" right now, than there is no shame in that. 

So now its my choice whether to keep focusing and using guilt as an excuse to drudge my way through this "be still" time, or to humble myself with joy under his direction, guidance and protection while he finishes whatever he is doing in the background which will no doubt be "immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Eph 3:20

Anyway, just wanted to share. Love the aha-God-does-care-and-is-working moments.  I just love him so much for just wanting to hang with me at all.  Even through my skull-is -thicker-than-pea-soup seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment