Monday, January 14, 2013

Bunk beds and Big Boys

We had been talking about getting bunk beds for the boys for a while now.  We thought they may have fun sharing a room for a bit.  Plus, that would allow us to take back our living room!!!  All toys up in Ty's old bedroom which would now be the new playroom.

I guess I envisioned us getting the bunk beds and B sleeping in there for a while and then maybe moving Ty at a later date.  Like when he's 16 or so?

This mama was not ready.  This mama figured that out way too late.  This mama is closing Ty's old room door so I don't have to see that empty toddler bed and the glider rocker I am no longer going to use to rock my baby.

No turning back now!  Ty loves his bottom bunk.  He has slept there for two nights and both boys seem to really like it.  I just can't believe that rocking my baby and Fwog while reading a book and snuggling in my B's bed with him while saying prayers is all over.  Ugh.

The bunk bed story, on the other hand, is pretty good.  We went to a place that was going out of business, a good 40 minutes from our house.  We were planning on just getting the bunk beds if they had something we liked.  Well, these came with two new mattresses!  And I talked them down $50 (master negotiator - heh heh)!  But we had the Tahoe and both kids with carseats.  How were we going to fit all of this furniture??? 

We put B up front in his booster and I moved the seat all the way back, being scared of the airbags, all the while B is chanting "this is illegal!  this is illegal!" which it is NOT.

We were then able to put down 1/2 of the back seat and get everything in there.  We had about 6 inches of clearance between the mattress and the truck ceiling.  But we were out of seats.  Since the warehouse guy wasn't very excited about me hanging with him for the day, and sitting on the middle console was a sure way to get a ticket, I laid belly-down on top of the mattresses and rode home like I was being pulled behind a boat on a tube!  It was so funny.  At one point I did flip over, but it felt too much like I was in an MRI (that they had to pull me out of in the middle of the procedure due to me freaking out), so I yelled out for more air and then closed my eyes the rest of the way.  My face was about 2 inches from the ceiling.

Well, we got it all home and J put everything together that afternoon.  My big boys were snug in their beds that very night.  Yikes.  Someone push a pause button, they are growing up too fast!!!

The soon-to-be-playroom is making me a little anxious with random toy boxes in the middle of the floor and no Ty in it, but we will fix that up little by little.

 
Oh, my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment