Monday, February 13, 2012

Movie Night featuring Lady and the Tramp

Friday night is Movie Night at the Estes house.  Normally we have B or Ty draw a movie title out of the knock off Michael Jackson hat, but since the re-release of my favorite Disney movie of all times, Lady & the Tramp was Tuesday, there was no question what we were going to watch!  I mean, a love story... with dogs and pasta?  How can you go wrong with that?


J was wonderful about the whole obsession and even surprised me with the special movie pack that included a popcorn bowl.  (I come from a long line of popcorn addicts)  The boys tend to humor the sole female in the house on occasion.  I just can't do Ninjago every single night!


We began the night making spaghetti and meatballs.  We also printed out coloring and activity pages to work on after the movie. 

B sat by me and watched the entire thing.  He got excited at the chase scenes and we both stressed out at Trusty's assumed demise.  Ty was interested for a little while.  I'm sure he was wondering where Tyrone, Austin and Pablo were.  Why in the world would the TV be on without a Backyardigan dancing around?


What a Bella Notte!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome night! BTW, I am a total popcorn addict myself!!! I can eat an entire microwave bag by myself and do most nights. I was about to go pop a bag now!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, popcorn for me anytime. Mom and I used to sit at ktchen table after school and devour a couple of bags talking about the day. Good times.

      Delete
    2. So funny! My mom started my addiction as well!! :)

      Delete
  2. Love that movie too and I think it's awesome the boys watched it with you! Just adorable that they colored the pictures to go along with it. So Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that movie...I need to buy it for my girls...maybe I will run by Target after school & pick it up for them as a Valentine's present!

    ReplyDelete