Friday, February 10, 2012

Fevers & Mulch

Poor little Ty has a nasty fever virus.


Up two nights in a row with very high fevers.  I finally took him to the Dr. today to confirm it wasn't anything else.  He was not happy about getting his ears checked.


Afterwards he was all chatty with the Dr.  He currently has some scratches on his little nose from falling in the mulched area of the playground at school.  The Dr. asked him, "did ya get a little road rash on your nose, there?"  To which Tyler makes the above face and replies,
"It no road rath, it mulch!"

The kids have a lot of training when it comes to mulch at school.  Apparently it is just innate that they pick it up and throw it.  The teachers have trained them to absolutely NOT do that.  When Ty went to get his haircut last Saturday, some of the cut hair fell on his hand. 
He lifts his little chubby hand up for me to see and says, "Mommy look, mulch. 
No throw it.  Go time out!"

Dr. says we probably have one more night of the fever.  Justin and I will probably Rock, Paper, Scissors to see who gets to sleep on the nursery floor with the Pooh blanket tonight.  He better hope we don't thumb wrestle since I have freakishly strong thumbs and always win!  Guess that means Blue, our "special" Boston Terrier gets to sleep in our bed again tonight.  The floor in the nursery creaks relentlessly so if we are in there a lot Blue will wake up in his crate downstairs and demand to be let out.  I try to be strong and not open the crate, but he looks at me like this.


We are looking forward to having our normal Ty back soon.  Feel better, Wild Man!






4 comments:

  1. I know I'm going to love reading your journals. I love the picture of Justin and Ty. So sweet !. I remember sleeping on the floor when the kids were sick too. Boy, I miss all that.Feel better TY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 103.7 fever early evening yesterday, but no fever during the night. Hope this is it, Cindy!

      Delete
  2. Love reading these Paige! I hope Ty feels better soon...good luck with the rock,paper, scissors tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Justin did another night on the floor Friday, Jackie. I did some floor time last night. Hope that was the last one! Whew!

      Delete