Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Halloween and a Klutzy Mama

First off I have to say, I don't know anything that would make me feel more uncoordinated than getting stuck with my head on the kitchen floor, while my deaf dog is standing on my hair completely oblivious to me hollering for him to GET OFF!  How did I get in this predicament, you ask?  I broke a treat in half and gave one to the little not-so-bright puppy in his crate and dropped the other half on the kitchen floor for my old grouchy dog who then in turn smacked it with his paw and slid it under the oven.  I foolishly thought the fix was getting him another treat, until I heard him scratch scratch scratch my kitchen floor by the oven.  So, trying to help him, I knelt down and peered under the oven and tried to get the treat out with my wooden mixing spoon, only to realize he was standing on my hair and unable to hear me tell him to MOVE.  I mean, who in the world does this happen to??? 

 
I finally pushed him over enough to get up and he's looking at me like, "what's your problem, lady?"
 
On to Halloween! 
 
Usually we head over to church and enjoy the fall festival for Halloween.  B loves the games and we have to drag Ty out of the bouncy house once in a while to let other kids have a turn. We decided to change it up this year and go trick-or-treating with the kids.  They have never done it, and since its seems to be going out of style, we wanted the kids to experience it.  Well, one Halloween in our neighborhood proves that trick-or-treating is still a huge thing, people!  Our streets, at 5pm, started looking like a party!  Cars lined the sides with kids and parents everywhere.  It was pretty awesome!
 

 
We had a very cool RGIII and his Ninja bodyguard.  RGIII had an "authentic" sleeve along with his do-rag and dreadlocks.  I was a tiny bit afraid his costume may offend someone, but no way!  B either got much love or some fun trash talking from Cowboy fans.  B loved it!
 
 
Why yes, that IS magic marker on his face.  Thanks, Daddy!
 
 
Ty really had fun going door to door.  He would follow big brother, yell "trick-or-treat!" and say "thank you" each time.  Good manners for a Ninja!  His costume was B's from last year minus about 2 feet of pant and shirt sleeves that I cut off.  The crotch of his pants came down to almost his knees.  He was adorable.  And tough!
 
 
 
Last year's costumes.  They have grown so much!
 
 
Everything was going great until we hit up a more scary house that had a fog machine.  After that intimidating experience, Ty was a little less excited about going to the door.  Which worked out since we had walked exactly 1/2 way around the neighborhood when Ty turns to me with "the face." 
 
"Mama, I gotta poop!"
 
Here we are, a half mile away from the house with no stroller or vehicle.  And he is doing the funny walk too which means he is NOT going to be able to walk home.  I had to pick up that little guy and hoof it all the way back to the house.  Thanks Bootcamp class!  When we got there, of course I remembered J had the keys.  So we had to go around back in the dark and break into the back door.  The now-deaf-dog never took his eyes off the front window as we snuck in.  So much for him helping the little dog with home safety. 
 
After taking care of that issue, we pulled out the old stroller and went to find Daddy and B.  They had made it most of the way around the circle at that point.  We did hit up one more house that had some scary looking decorations.  I guess I wasn't thinking much (nice one, Mama), and the boys seemed fine.  Until midnight later that night.  Ty was at the side of my bed not able to sleep.  Probably thinking of some of the scary things we saw.  I pulled him up into our bed for a couple of hours and we snuggled the scary thoughts outta there.
 

 
All in all we had a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment