Tuesday, October 30, 2012

This is how we do Hurricane Sandy!

So thankful we didn't get hit as badly as predicted last night.  The most excitement we had was a trashcan being knocked over and rolling down the street.  We were sure a tree had fallen on our Tahoe.  As a precaution, J and I had the boys sleep downstairs in a big pile of blankets, pillows, puppies and kiddos. 


It was fun until about 11pm when the boys were still awake and my body needed sleep.  That's way past my bedtime!  Mama gets grouchy!  Plus the dogs felt they needed to smother me with protection all night long.  Whew, I'm needing some caffeine today!

The people living north and east of us are in my prayers today.  Some were not so lucky.

My Mom is a saint for keeping the boys again.  School is closed for the second day in a row.  B and Ty are in this fussing and arguing phase.  I know its just learning how to live together, but it will wear on a Mama!

J and I have almost decided to bunk them in the same room for a while and see what happens.  Either they will learn to get a long and play together, or one of them won't make it.  Could be a stick horse accident, a Nerf gun shooting or a plastic sword fight gone violent.  One can never tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment