Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pumpkins, sling shots and corn pits, oh my!

I really don't know why I force fun on my boys.  I try to plan things that I think are fun to do, but I'm pretty sure they would rather be smacking a tree (or each other) with some sticks.  But a Mom's got to try to enrich her children's lives!  Plus, I wanted to go pick pumpkins and carve them at the park!


On the way to the pumpkin patch, Ty was panicking a little since he forgot, since last year, what a pumpkin was.

Ty, "Is it going to get me, mommy?"
Me, "Is what going to get you, honey?"
Ty, "The pun-kin?"
Me, "No, silly, it can't get you.  Its just a vegetable."
Ty, "Are you going to make me eat it?"
Me, "No, crazy!"


So the whole hayride poor Ty looked so concerned thinking he was either going to be "gotten" or have to eat some yucky veggie. 

Once we got in the patch, the kids let loose and found some great pumpkins.




The farm we went to also had some pretty cool things to do.  They had some sand-box type pits filled with corn which the kids loved.  They also had giant sling shots that you could launch tennis balls with.  And yes, when J went out to collect them, we did try to hit him.



This little hand just melts my heart.


We took off to the park to carve our "pun-kins."  The boys were interested for about 2 minutes.  Then off to battle with sticks they went while J and I battled the yellow jackets and finished up.  I even tried to start a pumpkin seed fight with B to keep his attention.  He had no interest in the "guts."

The boys had a great time on the playground at the park even if they didn't love carving the pumpkins.  The weather was pretty and I was outside so Mama was happy.


Next weekend I may even not force fun on people and just let them "play toys" all day long.  Unless I think of something more fun... outdoors... involving a rake.  We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment